Whether you feel like you’ve gained five pounds in the past few days, made some poor food choices, or you just feel constant discomfort—there’s definitely a reason for your belly bloating AND there’s many solutions for it!
Here are my top tips to STOP belly bloating!
- EAT SLOWLY: As I talked about in one of my previous articles, http://www.rawincollege.com/slow-down/, eating slowly is essential to proper digestion of your food! In order for your brain to tell you when you’re full, it needs up to 20 minutes to send you the signal to stop eating!
- DECREASE INTAKE OF PROCESSED FOOD: Processed sugars, saturated fats, dairy, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners are the most commonly found sources of an upset stomach and belly bloating. INCREASE your intake of whole fruits and veggies, especially those with a high water content!
- RELAX! Stress hormones disrupt the digestive system! Always try your best to take time out of your day to FOCUS ON YOU, even if it’s just a ten-minute walk around the block. Along with relaxation comes a good night’s sleep! A lack of sleep distorts your perception of hunger and appetite, often leading you to overeat highly processed foods which can make you bloated!
- INCREASE FIBER: Choose unprocessed, whole foods that are high in fiber to decrease bloating and improve your digestive system! Fruits and veggies such as watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, cucumbers, grapes, berries, avocado, pears, oranges, bananas, celery, and leafy greens are a great way to nourish your body AND fight off belly bloating while flushing out toxins.
- HYRDATE: A lack of water and an excess of sodium in your diet can lead to discomfort and unwanted bloating. From my experience, I have found that starting my day with about 32 ounces of water (that’s a liter!) helps to jump start my digestion and wake up my body early in the morning! DRINK MORE WATER!
Starving, fasting, and using laxatives is NOT the answer to your belly bloating!! Whole fruits and veggies, water, exercise, and sleep will put you on on the road to success and will help you achieve your flat tummy!